Old 28-06-2005, 08:34 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
chilli-heads.com wrote:
I know what you mean. That tangy kind of taste rather than the good old
fashioned fresh green chilli taste.

Yes. A tangy, slightly metallic taste. The one I favour is Thai
Dragon, because it has a strong and very pleasant flavour. Jalapeno
has a distinctive and good flavour, but is quite cool. I am growing
Lemon Drop this year, as well, and shall see what that is like.

The hot ones of my childhood (Bird's Eye, which is actually many
varieties) tend to be low on flavour, though often very hot. So do
most of the longer ones I have tried, though they are usually cooler.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.