Old 28-06-2005, 09:58 PM

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 20:12:20 GMT, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Vic,

A couple of comments. When you used the cinnamon (of which I am a big fan),
I hope you didn't dust the entire root ball, but just the rotten areas. As
far as the nodes on the roots, it sounds like they are branching, which is a
good thing.

Oops.
I intended to only place them "wounds" but in some cases, those were
so close to the base of the plant that I ended up covering most of the
roots. Mind you, the plant went into and out of the pot (and potting
mixture) a few times while I tried to work out the right planting
depth, so I doubt much cinnamon remained by the time I was done
repotting.

In any case, spikes don't originate on the roots themselves, but from the
trunk of the Phal. I'm not contributing to the pool; let's hope that it
thrives!

Diana

Thanks Diana. I really hope it thrives too. I've wouldn't have gone to
the trouble to repot it if I didn't want it to grow. g I really do
have a soft spot for that silly phal. I'm just trying to prevent
myself from getting too cocky about my orchid nurturing skills. g
--Vic