Old 29-06-2005, 09:20 AM
NormL

Default Cherimoya (Custard Apple) - root question

Hi All;
I planted a Cherimoya (Custard Apple) a few months ago. It's really
looking a bit poorly with one small branch and four, healthy looking, green
leaves. It's just sitting there, doing nothing. Neither getting better or
worse!

Today, when I wasn't watching where I was going, I tripped over it.I
heard a loud crack and was convinced that I had broken the stem at ground
level. I dug it out to inspect the damage. It wasn't broken but the roots
sure didn't look very healthy.

There is no root hairs at all! There are a few stubs (short, thick, 20mm
long) that look like they were roots at one time - but no root hairs.

Is this normal? If not, how can I revive the plant?

Your advice would be appreciated.... Norm