Old 29-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Andy" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

About a week ago I posted about the varying speed my fry were developing
at. This morning I took a few snaps of the fry, the size difference is
quite dramatic.

The pictures are he

http://www.pxl8.co.uk/fry.htm

=================================
This is just a suggestion - I would separate those larger fry from the
smaller ones. This will give the smaller, less aggressive fish a better
chance to get plenty of food and hopefully catch up a little. As time is
passing I can see differences in my GF and koi fry as well. The differences
aren't as great as with yours though. Most of my fry are around the same
size with a few very small ones and a few much larger fry. I don't know how
you're raising yours. Mine are in 150 gallon outdoor pools 1/3 full of pond
plants. Each has an aerator. They have access to the same natural foods -
then I feed them between 4 and 6 times a day. They're now eating tiny Betta
pellets, flakes, dried tubafex worms and crumbled shrimp pellets. I
sprinkle the food all around the open area to give them all a good chance to
eat.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b