Old 29-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Andy

Default Fry pictures online

Hi Folks,

About a week ago I posted about the varying speed my fry were developing
at. This morning I took a few snaps of the fry, the size difference is
quite dramatic.

The pictures are he

http://www.pxl8.co.uk/fry.htm

--
Andy
Old 29-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Andy" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

About a week ago I posted about the varying speed my fry were developing
at. This morning I took a few snaps of the fry, the size difference is
quite dramatic.

The pictures are he

http://www.pxl8.co.uk/fry.htm

=================================
This is just a suggestion - I would separate those larger fry from the
smaller ones. This will give the smaller, less aggressive fish a better
chance to get plenty of food and hopefully catch up a little. As time is
passing I can see differences in my GF and koi fry as well. The differences
aren't as great as with yours though. Most of my fry are around the same
size with a few very small ones and a few much larger fry. I don't know how
you're raising yours. Mine are in 150 gallon outdoor pools 1/3 full of pond
plants. Each has an aerator. They have access to the same natural foods -
then I feed them between 4 and 6 times a day. They're now eating tiny Betta
pellets, flakes, dried tubafex worms and crumbled shrimp pellets. I
sprinkle the food all around the open area to give them all a good chance to
eat.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 29-06-2005, 05:16 PM
kathy

Know nothing about raising fry, in my pond it is
survival of the fittest... but great pictures! Good
luck with the babies.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ Mosquitoes!
Run For Your Life!

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Old 30-06-2005, 03:48 AM
~ janj JJsPond.us

About a week ago I posted about the varying speed my fry were developing
at. This morning I took a few snaps of the fry, the size difference is
quite dramatic.
The pictures are he
http://www.pxl8.co.uk/fry.htm Andy

I like the duckweed for comparison to size. So what kind of fry are they?
~ jan

~Power to the Porg, Flow On!~

Old 30-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Andy

~ janj JJsPond.us wrote:

I like the duckweed for comparison to size. So what kind of fry are they?

A bit of everything I suspect - the mother is a red/orange shubunkin,
the fathers are comets, blue shubunkins, and goldfish.

--
Andy

Old 30-06-2005, 08:23 AM
Andy

Reel Mckoi wrote:

This is just a suggestion - I would separate those larger fry from the
smaller ones. This will give the smaller, less aggressive fish a better
chance to get plenty of food and hopefully catch up a little. As time is

Already done, the 5 biggest are in their own place now. The rest were
split into two halves. One half was returned to the pond where there is
plenty of watercress in the margins for them to hide and feed in. This
is more an experiement to see if any manage to survive.

The other half have been put in large window boxes which I lined and
added various plants to. These I will continue to feed as before. Plenty
are space and small water changes each day.

It will be interesting to see which ones fair best.

--
Andy
Old 30-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Andy" wrote in message
Reel Mckoi wrote:

This is just a suggestion - I would separate those larger fry from the
smaller ones. This will give the smaller, less aggressive fish a better
chance to get plenty of food and hopefully catch up a little. As time

is

Already done, the 5 biggest are in their own place now. The rest were
split into two halves. One half was returned to the pond where there is
plenty of watercress in the margins for them to hide and feed in. This
is more an experiement to see if any manage to survive.

## Some will but most wont. In my ponds, full of plants, most do not
survive unless removed to their own ponds/pools.

The other half have been put in large window boxes which I lined and
added various plants to. These I will continue to feed as before. Plenty
are space and small water changes each day.

It will be interesting to see which ones fair best.

## That's hard to say. It all depends on water quality, food, competition
etc.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:15 PM
matrix j

Old 02-07-2005, 03:15 AM
Reel Mckoi

"matrix j" wrote in message

=============
Your messages are all blank. :-(
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

attempts to post pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens madgardener Gardening 6 02-09-2005 04:43 PM
more attempted sending of pictures on alt.binaries.pictures.gardens madgardener Gardening 4 02-09-2005 07:08 AM
Pictures online pixi Gardening 1 12-04-2004 09:02 PM
New tank pictures online Cichlidiot Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 11-04-2003 01:32 AM
New tank pictures online Cichlidiot Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 27-03-2003 03:21 AM