Old 29-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Kay

In article , dazdread dazdread.1re5
writes

Wow, my beans are trailing along the floor and my tomatoes swaying
precariously over, as a first year grower in the good life stylee I was
a little perturbed to find that Focus charge £2.50 per 1.5 meter cane.

Ideally I need about 20 and there is no way that I am going to allow
myself to be fleeced by these high street fat cats... any ideas to pick
up some canes at a reasonable price?

Use any trimmings you can from the rest of the garden - supports don't
have to be straight. If your beans are in a row, use canes at each end
and along the ridge, but drop strings for all the in-between ones to
use.

/smug
This year I've been using my own home-grown bamboo canes :-)
--
Kay