Old 30-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Sue in Western Maine

"Priscilla H. Ballou" wrote in message
In article ,
"Sue in Western Maine" wrote:

Water those lettuce nubs well and see if you get some regrowth. I know

its
blistering hot, and perfect "bolt weather" but you CAN try.

Oh, I'm watering all right. Today it's not blistering hot, just
swimmingly humid. Tomorrow it's going back up to 88, though.

And What the H, if there is more than ONE Chuck, you'll have bait.

Heh. Something ate the apple chunks I put out, but it might have been
the raccoon family (mom and four cubs). Do 'chucks like carrot tops as
bunnies do?

If you were harboring " bunny" you'd probably have lost the lettuce

too.

Oh, I know, but the end-result of the capture would have been happier.

Think about planting some lettuce of different sorts and colors in

hanging
baskets. Lettuces are a perfect " cut and come again" crop, three

plants to
a 10" hanging pot or 4 to a 14 " pot. Snip a salad every day, no slugs,
bugs or critters.

What a good idea. Hmmm.

Thanks, Sue!

Priscilla

You are welcome, Priscilla.

Now I want to know whether you gave your Chuck directions to MY house??????

Looked out this morning and find I have one living under DH's Woodshop. My
dog obviously is not doing her job.

Sue