Old 30-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Derek Broughton

Reel McKoi wrote:

I have a HP digital camera and there is no way to do it without the added
expense of add-on filters.

My photographer friend was just dissing companies like HP that think they
can make cameras. It's true that most of the internals of a digital camera
are not much different from a computer, but the most important part of any
camera is the lens. Stick to cameras from _camera_ companies - like Canon,
Minolta, etc, and you'll have a better chance of (a) good pictures; and (b)
being able to put a filter on it. Back when I was into 35mm photography we
almost never shot without a UV filter - it rarely hurts a picture, and it
protects the camera lens.
--
derek