Old 29-06-2005, 01:44 AM
*muffin*

Default taking fish pictures

ok, HOW do you take pictures of the fish in the pond without getting the sun
glare on the water??? also, even with a tripod the fish are very fuzzy,,
from moving around. (too much trouble to staple their 'feet' to the floor)

Old 29-06-2005, 04:26 AM
kathy

Try cloudy days and fast film, I think there is
an 800 speed out there.
You can even buy disposable cameras with
fast film now.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ Mosquitoes!
Run For Your Life!

Pond 101 page for new pond keepers ~

Old 29-06-2005, 05:20 AM
Gary Woods

"*muffin*" wrote:

ok, HOW do you take pictures of the fish in the pond without getting the sun
glare on the water???

Polarizing filter works wonders.

Manual focus if you can do it; automatic may well focus on the surface of
the water, especially if you haven't filtered out the glare.

Old 29-06-2005, 07:24 AM
*muffin*

any way of doing this with a digital camera?

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"*muffin*" wrote:

ok, HOW do you take pictures of the fish in the pond without getting the

sun
glare on the water???

Polarizing filter works wonders.

Manual focus if you can do it; automatic may well focus on the surface of
the water, especially if you haven't filtered out the glare.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at

home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

Old 29-06-2005, 04:17 PM
Derek Broughton

"Gary Woods" wrote:
"*muffin*" wrote:

ok, HOW do you take pictures of the fish in the pond without getting the

sun
glare on the water???

Polarizing filter works wonders.

Manual focus if you can do it; automatic may well focus on the surface of
the water, especially if you haven't filtered out the glare.

Please don't top-post...

You do it with a digital camera exactly the same way as with a film camera.
Cheap cameras of any kind have no way to attach a filter or manually focus.
--
derek

Old 29-06-2005, 08:18 PM
*muffin*

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Please don't top-post...

lol.. you know I really 'hate' top posting.

but it seems like you run into lots of people who HATE bottom posting & will
even refuse to read bottom posted messages.

I realllllllllllllllllllllly hate the ones where it is a long message, they
quote the WHOLE dang thing & just add "me too"
aarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

muffin don't think you can win either way!

Old 29-06-2005, 08:28 PM
Reel McKoi

"*muffin*" wrote in message
any way of doing this with a digital camera?

================
I have a HP digital camera and there is no way to do it without the added
expense of add-on filters. Our camera was over $200 and isn't made for
add-ons or manually focusing. Be careful what you choose when you buy these
cameras. Prepare to spend a bundle for one that manually focuses and can
take add-ons.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 29-06-2005, 09:07 PM
San Diego Joe

"*muffin*" wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Please don't top-post...

lol.. you know I really 'hate' top posting.

but it seems like you run into lots of people who HATE bottom posting & will
even refuse to read bottom posted messages.

I realllllllllllllllllllllly hate the ones where it is a long message, they
quote the WHOLE dang thing & just add "me too"
aarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

muffin don't think you can win either way!

All right! So the top/bottom post debate is now happening twice yearly. I
look forward to it.

San Diego Joe
4,000 - 5,000 Gallons.
Koi, Goldfish, and RES named Colombo.

Old 29-06-2005, 11:01 PM
*muffin*

"San Diego Joe" wrote in message
"*muffin*" wrote:
"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Please don't top-post...

lol.. you know I really 'hate' top posting.

but it seems like you run into lots of people who HATE bottom posting &

will
even refuse to read bottom posted messages.

muffin don't think you can win either way!

All right! So the top/bottom post debate is now happening twice yearly. I
look forward to it.

San Diego Joe

lol.. in EVERY newsgroup, message board, email group ( such as
yahoogroups).that I go to . they ALL have fights over top & bottom
posting......

Old 30-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Derek Broughton

Reel McKoi wrote:

I have a HP digital camera and there is no way to do it without the added
expense of add-on filters.

My photographer friend was just dissing companies like HP that think they
can make cameras. It's true that most of the internals of a digital camera
are not much different from a computer, but the most important part of any
camera is the lens. Stick to cameras from _camera_ companies - like Canon,
Minolta, etc, and you'll have a better chance of (a) good pictures; and (b)
being able to put a filter on it. Back when I was into 35mm photography we
almost never shot without a UV filter - it rarely hurts a picture, and it
protects the camera lens.
--
derek

Old 30-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Derek Broughton

San Diego Joe wrote:

"Derek Broughton" wrote in message
Please don't top-post...

All right! So the top/bottom post debate is now happening twice yearly. I
look forward to it.

I had no plan to _debate_ it :-) (and I did say please!)

And always, top or bottom, _trim_!
--
derek
Old 30-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Reel Mckoi

Reel McKoi wrote:

I have a HP digital camera and there is no way to do it without the

added
expense of add-on filters.

My photographer friend was just dissing companies like HP that think they
can make cameras. It's true that most of the internals of a digital

camera
are not much different from a computer, but the most important part of any
camera is the lens. Stick to cameras from _camera_ companies - like

Canon,
Minolta, etc, and you'll have a better chance of (a) good pictures; and

(b)
being able to put a filter on it. Back when I was into 35mm photography we
almost never shot without a UV filter - it rarely hurts a picture, and it
protects the camera lens.

Thanks Derek. We didn't realize that when we bought this camera a few years
ago. With the kids grown and gone we don't take as many pictures, so don't
want to invest a lot of money in a new camera.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:16 PM
matrix j