Old 02-11-2002, 02:35 PM
Tumbleweed

Default urgent help lizards/newts

"John Towill" wrote in message
I know this is rather off topic but I am sure someone can help.
This AM I had to move some stacked timber on top of a railway sleeper
retaining wall. Beneath this were hibernating (?) a toad and several small
lizard like creatures with orange bellies. I have recovered them, making
sure there is a gap, with odd bits of wood. Will this be ok or are there
any other steps I need to take to ensure their survival, or am I too late?
Any advice gratefully received.

TIA
John T

Almost certainly they will be newts, not lizards. Perhaps put some leaves
into the cavity where they are for added protection? And make sure that wind
cant blow in too easily?

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)