Old 30-06-2005, 11:56 PM
Duncan

"Neil Tonks" wrote in message

"Phil L" wrote in message
. uk...
I've seen whitefly and greenfly many times but all my sprouts are now
infested with grey ones, they live on the underside of leaves and their
give
away is a yellow patch on the face of the leaf, sometimes they cover

about
3
inches in each 'camp', I've just been squashing them with my thumb but

now
they seem to have gone berserk and are even down in the growing
tip....coupled with a large caterpillar problem, the sprouts certainly
seem
to be struggling...any ideas?

Grey aphids are a real pain when they get onto brassicas such as sprouts.
The only control I know which works is a very non-organic spray of a

general
insecticide.

Neil.

I've had reddish-brown aphids this year as well. wierd.

Duncan