Old 01-07-2005, 04:18 PM
M.Paul

I think I paid $7 for 2 egg nests a couple of months ago from a home
improvement center.
I put them in 2 different areas of the yard in the branches of large plants
about 1 ft off the ground.
They little buggers are now about 1.5 inches long and very active. I run
into many of them while weeding.
The nests weigh practically nothing so I can't imaging the shipping charge
would be much.
It's getting a little late in the season for them however.

wrote in message
Anyone here ever purchase a preying mantis egg case for the garden?

I called futuregarden.com, and spoke to 2 different clueless teenagers
who not only couldn't answer any questions about hatching
environment, but couldn't even tell me what the shipping charge would
be!