Old 01-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Default Preying (praying?) mantis eggs

Anyone here ever purchase a preying mantis egg case for the garden?

I called futuregarden.com, and spoke to 2 different clueless teenagers
who not only couldn't answer any questions about hatching
environment, but couldn't even tell me what the shipping charge would
be!
Old 01-07-2005, 04:18 PM
M.Paul

I think I paid $7 for 2 egg nests a couple of months ago from a home
improvement center.
I put them in 2 different areas of the yard in the branches of large plants
about 1 ft off the ground.
They little buggers are now about 1.5 inches long and very active. I run
into many of them while weeding.
The nests weigh practically nothing so I can't imaging the shipping charge
would be much.
It's getting a little late in the season for them however.

Old 02-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

It's getting a little late in the season for them however.

That's what I was wondering. I think I'll wait until next year.

The high shipping is because they have to ship Next Day, because
they're considered perishable.
Old 02-07-2005, 08:23 AM
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
" wrote:

It's getting a little late in the season for them however.

That's what I was wondering. I think I'll wait until next year.

The high shipping is because they have to ship Next Day, because
they're considered perishable.

Especially during this current weather. ;-)

I bought one last spring so my population of them is up now.

I like them!

Do look around tho', they are highly available from many gardening
sites. Google is your friend!

I need to get more lacewing eggs to control scale and mealy bug, and I
may also consider getting some baby ladybugs for the greenhouses.

Can one get ladybug larvae or only the adult beetles?

I'll have to follow my own advice and google...... G
--
Om.

Praying Mantis bushite Lawns 19 24-03-2009 01:33 AM
ladybugs, dragonflies, preying mantis for sale Wylie Wilde Australia 3 07-02-2006 01:56 AM
praying mantis [email protected] Edible Gardening 5 24-11-2005 03:42 PM
Preying Mantis egg case Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com Lawns 0 30-06-2005 09:53 PM
Can Preying Mantis' take care of garden pests? BenGman Edible Gardening 3 19-04-2005 07:39 AM