Old 03-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Barry & Iris McCanna

Default Paulownia problem

"Martin & Anna Sykes" wrote in message
If I remember correctly, a common way of using paulownia is to cut

them down
to the ground each spring so that you get *very* vigorous growth and

huge
leaves. So, I don't think there would be any long-term damage to the

tree.
Afraid I haven't got any info about preventing woodpecker attack.

By the way, where did you get seed? I tried to get a young plant to

use as I
described, but my local garden centres only had one between them

which was a
large tree.

If you cut the Paulownia down, yes you will get huge leaves, but no
flowers. I have found them to grow easily from seed. Marina, if
your tree doesn't grow again, I do have a seedling you can have :-)

Iris (McCanna)