Old 02-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Chookie

In article , "NormL"
wrote:

Hi All;
I planted a Cherimoya (Custard Apple) a few months ago. It's really
looking a bit poorly with one small branch and four, healthy looking, green
leaves. It's just sitting there, doing nothing. Neither getting better or
worse!

Today, when I wasn't watching where I was going, I tripped over it.I
heard a loud crack and was convinced that I had broken the stem at ground
level. I dug it out to inspect the damage. It wasn't broken but the roots
sure didn't look very healthy.

It sounds root-bound. Is your soil heavy? Did you dig a nice big hole when
planting, or one just big enough to fit the root ball in?

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"In Melbourne there is plenty of vigour and eagerness, but there is
nothing worth being eager or vigorous about."
Francis Adams, The Australians, 1893.