Old 01-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Kenni Judd

On the most serious "climbers," we've had good success mounting them on
treefern totems. They climb right up, and seem to bloom more often than
those still in pots. Of course, once every 3-4 years, we have to chop off
the bottom of the totem to clean up the spent backbulbs ... Kenni

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
k.net...
I have both buried and potted them deep but not filled that back
corner of the pot. Making sure I have added extra bark mix to
the front corner. The Brassias are the worst for me. Neither
way has added to the rot in our collection.

I think a try at combining the two works best. Push the old bulb
down - but don't fill tight around or over it. Then put extra
mix in front of the new growth, or under it.

That's what I do as well. I build the mix higher around the new growth.
Also, if the back bulbs are shriveled or leaf/rootless, I just cut 'em
off.

Diana