Old 01-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Bill Stock

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I found the filters on my GF aquarium full of small (1/2 BB) white

eggs.
Are
these GF eggs?
=====================
Probably. :-)

Thanks, I thought they might be some kind of Snail, but they're a little
big. Strange I've never seen them before.

=======================
A fish egg is tiny and almost clear. If they're not fertile they turn
white. If fertile they remain clear. If they're the size of a half a BB
they probably are not fish eggs. Sorry........

Fish usually lay their eggs in plants. You'll see them stuck to the plant
roots etc.

I'm still leaning towards fish eggs, although you say they're too large. I
had added some Java Moss to the tank, but the GF were wreaking havoc with
it, so I removed it. Perhaps they had spawned before I took it out or maybe
there were Snail eggs attached to the plant.

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b