Old 01-07-2005, 06:31 PM
Bill Stock

Default What do GF eggs look like?

I found the filters on my GF aquarium full of small (1/2 BB) white eggs. Are
these GF eggs?

Old 01-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I found the filters on my GF aquarium full of small (1/2 BB) white eggs.

Are
these GF eggs?

=====================
Probably. :-)

--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b

Old 01-07-2005, 08:02 PM
Bill Stock

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I found the filters on my GF aquarium full of small (1/2 BB) white eggs.

Are
these GF eggs?

=====================
Probably. :-)

Thanks, I thought they might be some kind of Snail, but they're a little
big. Strange I've never seen them before.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I found the filters on my GF aquarium full of small (1/2 BB) white

eggs.
Are
these GF eggs?

=====================
Probably. :-)

Thanks, I thought they might be some kind of Snail, but they're a little
big. Strange I've never seen them before.

=======================
A fish egg is tiny and almost clear. If they're not fertile they turn
white. If fertile they remain clear. If they're the size of a half a BB
they probably are not fish eggs. Sorry........

Fish usually lay their eggs in plants. You'll see them stuck to the plant
roots etc.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Bill Stock

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

"Reel Mckoi" wrote in message

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
I found the filters on my GF aquarium full of small (1/2 BB) white

eggs.
Are
these GF eggs?
=====================
Probably. :-)

Thanks, I thought they might be some kind of Snail, but they're a little
big. Strange I've never seen them before.

=======================
A fish egg is tiny and almost clear. If they're not fertile they turn
white. If fertile they remain clear. If they're the size of a half a BB
they probably are not fish eggs. Sorry........

Fish usually lay their eggs in plants. You'll see them stuck to the plant
roots etc.

I'm still leaning towards fish eggs, although you say they're too large. I
had added some Java Moss to the tank, but the GF were wreaking havoc with
it, so I removed it. Perhaps they had spawned before I took it out or maybe
there were Snail eggs attached to the plant.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Courageous

I'm still leaning towards fish eggs, although you say they're too large. I
had added some Java Moss to the tank, but the GF were wreaking havoc with
it, so I removed it. Perhaps they had spawned before I took it out or maybe
there were Snail eggs attached to the plant.

Certain frogs eggs are clear, with a white center. They tend to be large.

C//