Old 02-07-2005, 07:54 PM
boothbay

Gail wrote:
I purchased a dendrobium orchid which is in a small log of wood (literally)
in a plastic pot. I have been thoroughly watering it once weekly (and
fertilizing weakly). All of my other orchids are in bark. Should I be
watering more frequently and is this a common way for them to be planted?
Thanks in advance.
Gail

I just bought the same plant at 50% off at Loews...a bargain, I thought,
till I did some research on it, and its very sensitive to temperatures.
It prefers 55-60 degrees...cool temperatures. So unless u can provide
that type of environment, it may not last long. Where is one going to
get that type of reading ( other than a possible greenhouse )in the
middle of summer? No wonder it was half price sale.