Old 03-07-2005, 04:29 AM
MikeTillieSmith

My wife and I grow a garden every year and when we first started gardening
we used cane and it became a hasle so we came up with using hog wire or
foundation wire. We drove a post on each end of the row and stretched the
wire tight. We planted peas, purple hull peas, cucumbers and many other
vine type vegetables. We get alot more vegetables with less place. You can
plant on both sides of the fence. Hope that help....Take a look at my
homepage ( hometown.aol.com/TexasSeedSwap) People come on there and trade
ideas and like to trade different seeds. Good Luck Mike "Peter
Stockdale" wrote in message

"dazdread" wrote in message

Wow, my beans are trailing along the floor and my tomatoes swaying
precariously over, as a first year grower in the good life stylee I was
a little perturbed to find that Focus charge £2.50 per 1.5 meter cane.

Ideally I need about 20 and there is no way that I am going to allow
myself to be fleeced by these high street fat cats... any ideas to pick
up some canes at a reasonable price?

Ta

--
dazdread

Are you sure you have not mis-read the price ?
£2.50 for ten - not one

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com