Old 03-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Hal

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 09:02:11 GMT, "jw 111"
wrote:

hi, we have a water tank in the garden in london, england 2' (feet) by 4'
x 2' high that overflows into a smaller water tank 1.5' x 2' by 1'5 high.
in the larger tank are two goldfish and in the smaller tank just some water
plants.

we have recently found some extremely tiny fish in the small tank. they are
very similar to ones in a stream that runs about 100 yards from our house.

since we did not put them in; the question is how could they have have
possibly got in there?

When goldfish spawn they spray the eggs on plants or structures that
are available, but many of the eggs get fertilized on the loose and
I've had them go through a filter and pump to be found at the end of
the season in my plant pond. (Two to three inch fish without any
food or care.) It is possible to move eggs on plants and even bird's
legs, but I'd bet on the goldfish.

Regards,

Hal