Old 03-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Gail Futoran

"Brendy" wrote [/QUOTE Thanks Gail,
I'll get started on checking out those websites.
I'm not going to rush it, I'll wait until I get the rose that I want.
Brendy

--
Brendy

That's a good idea. One word of warning: Don't
get your heart so set on the perfect rose that you'll
be discouraged when you can't find it, or you find
it, plant it lovingly, and the blasted thing dies anyway!
I have 150 roses and have probably lost half of
them to weather, disease, bugs in the soil, who
knows what. I learned to appreciate the varieties
that thrived, replace the varieties that didn't. There
are so many roses that I've always been able to
find a replacement close to the original (preferred)
variety. And of course you can always plant the
same variety again! I've done that a number of
times, too, more often than not successfully -
i.e., the second (or in some cases the third) copy
did considerably better than the first.

I suppose that experience is typical of gardening
in general. I've never been much of a gardener,
though, until I took up roses.

Gail