Old 04-07-2005, 05:35 PM
RichToyBox

I have used/use and like Hai Feng, ShoKoi, and others. The spring and
summer staple foods can be fed year round and are generally a wheat germ
based food. The first ingredients should be fish meal, shrimp, or other
high protein foods. Feed no more than they can eat in 5 minutes. You can
feed several times a day, or once every few days, depending on how crowded
the pond is. The more you feed, the more work the filter has to do, so be
sure to test the water for ammonia, nitrites, pH and KH. If you find
ammonia, cut back on feeding for a few days until the filter catches up. If
you find nitrites, then you will need to add some salt to protect the fish.
--
RichToyBox

"smileygonzo1961" wrote in
message ...

Hi there,

Could anyone recommend a brand/type of Koi food?

I have about 20 Koi ranging in size from 2" to 18", I inherited the
pond/fish & existing food which I believe is grass based (does that
sound right?) and a friend told me that grass based products make your
pond green - which makes sense.

I appreciate there are lots of products on the market, but I'd really
like some general guidance on Koi food e.g Koi sticks or other
alternatives

Also, any help on retailers or web site stores which sell these
products would also help!

kind regards,
Richard

--