Old 04-07-2005, 06:37 PM
ElectricLandlady

Default when to cut back crepe myrtles?

I bought two 8 foot B&B crepe myrtles several weeks ago, and for
various reasons they didn't get put in the ground, and despite
frequent watering they dried up and died. Or so I thought...
Not one to give up so easily, I kept watering them and occationally
put some composted manure on top of the burlap, and eventually they
are showing some life again at the top branches.

I figure that if they stay alive, I'm going to have to really prune
them down low eventually to get rid of the dead branches and let them
establish a reasonable shape. When is a good time to do this? Late
fall? Or should I wait until Feb/Mar or so...?

-- David