Old 04-07-2005, 03:14 PM
David WE Roberts

Default Mushromms and the law - Troll?

Picked this up from a mushroom thread further down.

"A notice on another newsgroup said that the government is proposing to
bring in a bill to punish anyone who has mushrooms naturally growing on
their lawn, the same poster has now said that they seem to be backing off
that one...what a relief as we have Liberty Caps and amanita muscaria our
there!"

I presume this is a Troll - given the high percentage of new (and old)
houses built on grassland/farmland which would have naturally occurring
mushrooms.

No reference to which NG or which legislation.

Anyway, as my postings last year included URLs for incriminating
photographs I assume that the Fung Squad are poised to pounce should this
ever become law :-)

OTOH please tell me it is true with references, because the guy next door
(from a strongly Police family) has the other half of the Fairy Ring in
his garden, and I would love to be able to (gently) wind him up.

Soon (I hope) I will post a couple of photos of an Abyssinian banana tree
which is currently fruiting outdoors in Suffolk. I am sure (given the
above) such an unusual plant as this must highly illegal, so I will be
suggesting to the owner that he may well want to take steps to encourage
me not to include the picture of him standing next to it :-) [Old notes,
not consecutive serial numbers, plain brown envelope, get the drift...]

Still raining.

Bored.

Grump.

Dave R