Old 04-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Martin Brown

Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
David WE Roberts writes:
| Picked this up from a mushroom thread further down.
|
| "A notice on another newsgroup said that the government is proposing to
| bring in a bill to punish anyone who has mushrooms naturally growing on
| their lawn, the same poster has now said that they seem to be backing off
| that one...what a relief as we have Liberty Caps and amanita muscaria our
| there!"
|
| I presume this is a Troll - given the high percentage of new (and old)
| houses built on grassland/farmland which would have naturally occurring
| mushrooms.

I wish :-(

I believe that the above is a troll, but the government was seriously
considering a proposal to clarify the currently incredibly obscure
legislation on the matter. It got quite a long way before someone
got through to them that the new approach was completely demented.

When has that ever stopped them bringing in new legislation?

The best fungus I have ever had out of the garden was a solitary morel.
I did once find a huge puffball but it was in the fields adjoining.

Most of the rest here are inedible or don't mix with alcohol.

Regards,
Martin Brown