Old 04-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from David WE Roberts contains these words:

/snip/

Soon (I hope) I will post a couple of photos of an Abyssinian banana tree
which is currently fruiting outdoors in Suffolk.

Hmmm. Any chance of a sucker, or whatever you'd call the side-shoots
that some bananananas put up?

I am sure (given the
above) such an unusual plant as this must highly illegal, so I will be
suggesting to the owner that he may well want to take steps to encourage
me not to include the picture of him standing next to it :-) [Old notes,
not consecutive serial numbers, plain brown envelope, get the drift...]

Hmmmmm. Remember "They call it Mellow Yellow"?

That song was a wind-up (allegedly) to get the authorities in a tizz and
ban banananananas - and an awful lot of people signally failed to het
high on smoking dried bananananaskins.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/