Old 04-07-2005, 10:42 PM
axemanchris

"Vox Humana" wrote in message
. ..

"knowhair" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have English Ivy growing on a hillside in my back yard.
I do need something there to prevent erosion of the soil.
However weeds do grow amoung the ivy,and I pull them out(they
do tend to come out easy).Is there anything I can do to prevent
the weeds from coming back,or at least cut down on my time pulling
these weeds? I would try a concentrated weed control(Ortho,
or Round Up),but I'm afraid it would kill the Ivy.The weed pulling is a
real pain.I pull weeds every 3 weeks it seems.
Thank you
Tom

The local radio garden show host claims that Round-Up will not kill

English
Ivy. You try that on a small area to see what happens. You could also

pull
the existing weed and then put down some Preen for Groundcover.

I have accidentaly sprayed some of my English Ivy with roundup while trying
to control some other weeds. The ivy died.

Jacqui