Old 04-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Roy

Early this year we were inundated with snails and slugs. Slime trails
all over the walls of the house, slugs in feed bowls and plants being
ravihed. I bought some iron Phosphate based IIRC slug bait / killer,
which is safe to use around dogs and other critters, but it needs to
be kept out of the water. It is made by the same company that makes
Peters Plant Foods, and sold at HOme Depot. It looks like bleached out
rabbit pellets, an off white or cream color, and its just spread along
the house permineter or flowers or flower beds etc, or you can
broadcast it as well. It supposedly attracks snails and slugs, and one
bite is all that is needed. It will shut dopwn the critters system so
it can not eat or digest any food, and within 3 days will be dead. The
stuff works greata, and a alittle gores a long ways and its prett
cheap also. It lasts 6 to 8 weeks, and rain or irrigatin does not
diminish its ability to kill slugs etc. Harmless to birds as well. We
are virtually slug and snail free. I even place boards on the ground
and make slug habitats just to keep a check on them and they just are
n ot to be found anymore. I am on our 2nd time around since April with
applying this stuff and I have to give it a big thumbs up in doing
what it advertied to do.

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 11:39:37 -0700, ~ janj JJsPond.us
wrote:

===We live in So Cal (valley area for those in the know). Our pond is
===lined with plants and the slugs are getting out of control. Would put
===down Bug Getta but not sure of the potential damage to the pond.
===
===As the plants are hard to reach I would like whatever we put down to be
===somewhat long lasting (not easy to get to).
===Carl
===
===Hi Carl,
===
===Dead Line or equivalent, may work for you. This is a liquid that sort of
===looks like chocolate syrup when you apply it. You draw a circle around the
===plant you wish to protect w/product. Read the label and see if it would
===work for your situation.... taking into consideration location of plant and
===possible runoff into pond. ~ jan
===
===
===See my ponds and filter design: