Old 04-07-2005, 09:38 PM
bud

Why in the world did you buy Crepe Myrtles if you are going to prune them
down low. We have a saying around here for people that love to prune these
beauties... Crepe Murder. Let them grow and put them in a spot where they
can reach their magestic height and beauty. Just drive down Glenwood Ave
from Crabtree Mall to Wade Ave. to see the full beauty these fine trees..
not bushes.. can achieve.

"ElectricLandlady" wrote in message
news

I bought two 8 foot B&B crepe myrtles several weeks ago, and for
various reasons they didn't get put in the ground, and despite
frequent watering they dried up and died. Or so I thought...
Not one to give up so easily, I kept watering them and occationally
put some composted manure on top of the burlap, and eventually they
are showing some life again at the top branches.

I figure that if they stay alive, I'm going to have to really prune
them down low eventually to get rid of the dead branches and let them
establish a reasonable shape. When is a good time to do this? Late
fall? Or should I wait until Feb/Mar or so...?

-- David