Old 04-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

Top the jar up with Navy rum and leave it in a cool, dark place for at
least three months, giving it a bit of a shake from time to time.

:-((

What a shocking waste of Rum

:-((

I know what you mean, but it makes a really fine liqueur, much as I love
rum. BTW, if you're ever in Scotland, try to get some Trawler Rum - it's
the rummiest rum I've ever met.

Many years ago the reps called on the hotels on the Isle of Lewis as
usual. "24 cases of Trawler, please."

"Sorry, we can't get it just now, but we've got ..."

"Oh well, I'll take five cases of Lighthouse, then."

(I had this from one of the proprieters the following year.)

There were some people who made do with Lighthouse (a nice enough rum)
but many changed to whisky until the supplies of Trawler resumed, ans
most of the five cases of Lighthouse were still there.

I heard the story because I looked along the bar and asked where the
Trawler was - it was out of view, and only Lighthouse was on the
optics...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/