Old 04-07-2005, 11:02 PM
pammyT

-- "Tumbleweed" wrote in message

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Tumbleweed" contains these words:

I don't believe they do as they cannot taste red hot fiery chillis.
Perhaps your cherries might be good for jam making.

For my worst enemy, possibly :-)

It wasnt just that they were sour, but hideously tasting.
Miss P, no idea if its an ornamental one (it was here when I moved in),
but
it does seem to have the sort of leaves I'd normally associate with a
fruit
tree and also the blossom doesnt usually stay around that long.

Are they the normal size for cherries? (I remember when I was six or
seven, I used to pick geans on the way to school and on return. They
were quite a bit smaller than cultivated ones, and deliciously sharp...)

Yes, they are quite small. Significantly smaller than the ones I buy at

the
supermarket

ahh I bet they are what I call 'bird cherries'. Not a proper cultivated
cherry but a wild form. Grows like a flipping weed here and I hate the
things.Next door neighbours have one and she was well chuffed when she moved
in thinking she would have lots of cherries to eat lol. All it does is make
a mess of my aviary roof with the blossom.Still it looks a lot better now
that it has my clematis montana growing all over it. You can hardly see the
tree now :0)