Old 05-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Tumbleweed wrote:
"pammyT" fenlandfowl @talktalk.net wrote in message

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
...somewhat ****ed off at the birds eating the cherries off my tree
(and finding the stones on top of my car!) went out and picked a
few to ripen indoors.
Then thought I'd try one of the very nearly ripe ones. Oh My God I
thought I was going to die. Sour doesn't even come close to
describing it!
Beyond sour, into realms of disgusting, vile, horrendous all rolled
into one. The birds must have no taste buds whatsoever.

I don't believe they do as they cannot taste red hot fiery chillis.
Perhaps your cherries might be good for jam making.

For my worst enemy, possibly :-)

It wasnt just that they were sour, but hideously tasting.
Miss P, no idea if its an ornamental one (it was here when I moved
in), but it does seem to have the sort of leaves I'd normally
associate with a fruit tree and also the blossom doesnt usually stay
around that long.

Ah, right, probably isn't then.

Sarah
(who's seriously thinking about reinstating her disclaimer as she'll have
people following her 'advice' before too long... ;o))