Old 05-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Roy

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:35:03 +0100, "2pods" wrote:

snip

Yep. When I originally bought those dojo's I had been going to put the
three barrels up that year, but Hurricane Ivan came along, so the
dojo's were all put in one barrel......Then after getting one more
barrel setup, catching the dojo to put in it was a chore, even in a
20 gal half barrel..........then I had to repeat the ame thing again
with the third barrel.......Now I trap em. It still takes a little
time, and its a wiating game but it usually works. I sink a small
plastic soft drink or bottle water container with a string tied to
the neck into the barrel half or preform, after placing some bait in
it. I use sinking crumbles for bait. Give it a while and keep looking,
and when the loach is in the bottle eating the bait just pull up the
bottle with the string.

===
===That sounds exactly what I'd like to do except for the winter temps here
===(Scotland).
===I pulled our 4 dojos in from the small pond last October, and that was a
===pain !
===Sat in the dark with a net and torch like a garden gnome :-)
===
===Peter
===

"The original frugal ponder"