Old 05-07-2005, 11:46 PM
Brian Corbett Brian Corbett is offline
Registered User

Default Couch Grass in Compost

First time user of Gardenbanter - please excuse any errors.

I have plenty of Couch grass in my allotment. Having dug some of it out, I would like to do something positive with it. In a book on Bio-dynamic Gardening, it was suggested that it should be added to the compost heap. It is apparently rich in nutrients.

I am tempted to leave it to dry out thoroughly and perhaps even shred it. Would this be safe, or crazy?

I know that it has herbal benefits, but can it be re-cycled to good us in the garden. Any ideas or suggestions please?