Old 05-07-2005, 11:02 PM
Paul Giverin

In message , Martin Brown
writes
Anyone else with a bat roost in their house?

Not as such but we did have a bat in our bedroom about to weeks ago. My
wife gave me a dig in the ribs to awake me at about 2am. She was saying
that there was something in the bedroom. I obediently got up and
switched my bedside light on and started looking around the bedroom
floor.

Somehow in my sleepy state I thought it was the hamster which had
escaped again, even though the hamster actually died about a year ago.
By this time the wife is screaming "its a bat". It still didn't really
sink in until I felt something whoosh past my head. Sure enough it was a
bat.

I opened the windows to their widest extent, went back to bed and
watched as this poor creature whizzed around the room like it was on a
piece of string. After 2 or 3 minutes it eventually found its way out
again.

We do see them in the garden at night and we have been thinking of
putting up a bat box.

--
Paul Giverin