Old 06-07-2005, 06:46 AM
Travis

Vox Humana wrote:
"knowhair" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have English Ivy growing on a hillside in my back yard.
I do need something there to prevent erosion of the soil.
However weeds do grow amoung the ivy,and I pull them out(they
do tend to come out easy).Is there anything I can do to prevent
the weeds from coming back,or at least cut down on my time pulling
these weeds? I would try a concentrated weed control(Ortho,
or Round Up),but I'm afraid it would kill the Ivy.The weed
pulling is a real pain.I pull weeds every 3 weeks it seems.
Thank you
Tom

The local radio garden show host claims that Round-Up will not kill
English Ivy. You try that on a small area to see what happens.
You could also pull the existing weed and then put down some Preen
for Groundcover.

I used Round-Up to slow down ivy enough so I could pull out the bits
that did not die.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5