Old 06-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Roy

Sounds like it had something in and around the impeller......either a
pump works or it does not work......if ther impeller is good, and it
does not leak and the motor is turning, it has to be an obstruction or
other problem somewhere.....

I have had some long leaf pine straw wrap around an impeller already.
I ould syphon water and have it flow faster than the water coming out
of the pump......

I routinely clean my plumbing and pump with PP and a good backflush.
Even a buildup of algae and slime inside pipes, pump wet end etc will
reduce flow.

"The original frugal ponder"