Old 06-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Rocco Moretti

Eric Schreiber wrote:
paul anderson wrote:

In my past the best way to get rid of any tree is to drill a hole in
the trunk kind of low and insert some thick copper wire in several
places. This always works for me. I just took out a 30 foot locust
tree in 2 mionths like this.

How does that work? Does the copper poison the tree?

Copper is pretty toxic - which is why it is used in aquaria to kill
parasites. It'll kill most invertebrate life - go over to
rec.aquaria.marine.reefs if you want an earful on the hazards of copper.
(Some people think that if you've ever treated a tank with a copper
based medicine, everything in that tank is rendered permanently
unsuitable for use in an invertebrate (reef) system.)