Old 06-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Niek Hanckmann

keith ;-) schreef:
Anyone heard of Cattleya Daffodil? Google search came up with BLC Daffodil
& BC Daffodil. One site has a division for $195 & parent plant for $1000 do
these cost that much.Is it a rare hybrid?Or am I missing something?

In the RHS-database I found BC Daffodil (a primary hybrid of Brassavola
glauca and Cattleya aurantiaca registered in 1949), BLC Daffodil (a more
complex hybrid from 1940)and LC Daffodil (a cross with Laelia jongheana
as one of the parents dated 1907). Couldn't find a C. Daffodil though.

I also googled the three hybrids and I only found pictures of the first
one. Looks like it's made of gold, but I doubt if it is worth the prices
of gold ;-)

So if you don't know what you're looking for, or they don't know what
they're offering: DON'T BUY!

Grtz. Niek