Old 06-07-2005, 08:52 AM
bassett

They used to make Copper nails..
As for the Round-up, drill a series of holes round the tree and inject the
Round-up, or do as I did with some huge Pine tree,s drill a series of holes
round the base and get some Blackberry poison, mix one bottle of poison
with a litre of kerosene. and inject about 20 mill into each hole. and they
will kill your tree's, mine took about 18 months, but they where 5ft
across the girth and 60 ft high.
bassett

"paul anderson" wrote in message
The copper poisons the tree. As long as the copper gets below the bark it
will kill it.

"Eric Schreiber" eric at ericschreiber dot com wrote in message
paul anderson wrote:

In my past the best way to get rid of any tree is to drill a hole in
the trunk kind of low and insert some thick copper wire in several
places. This always works for me. I just took out a 30 foot locust
tree in 2 mionths like this.

How does that work? Does the copper poison the tree?

Or are you not mentioning the part where you run a million volts
through the copper

--
Eric Schreiber
www.ericschreiber.com