Old 07-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Calto Calto is offline
Registered User

Thumbs down RED THREAD - It's a killer!

I've a problem with Red Thread - It's killing my lawn!
RED THREAD
Red thread creates discoloured patterns in the lawn from two inches to several feet in diameter. Unaffected grass blades are usually interspersed in the diseased area. When viewed closely, the affected garden lawns grass blades reveal pink-to-red thread-like strands at their tips. When moisture is plentiful, a pinkish, cotton-candy-like mass also often appears in the affected areas.

As the disease progresses, the affected blades collapse and turn brown. During the active stages, it can spread from one area of the lawn to another by foot traffic, mowing etc. Although it thrives best in temperatures from 60°F to 75°F, it is also commonly found on garden lawns in summertime, when temperatures are higher.

To prevent or cure Red Thread, apply SCOTTS Lawn Fungus Control.

http://www.gardentoolsforallseasons....en%20lawns.php.

Where can I get some Scotts Lawn Fungus Control? I as yet have not be able to find anywhere in the UK that sells it.

Is there anything else I can use?

Thanks in advance.

CALTO.