Old 07-07-2005, 07:28 PM

Default New Homeowner Needs Urgent Garden HELP!!

We moved in to a house about a month ago and after finally unpacking
our boxes, I have gotten around to tending the yard. The previous
owner did significant landscaping but did not leave me with any
instructions as to what was planted or how to care for it. I attempted
to use various sites to help me identify stuff, but it is a slow
process and some of the plants need urgent attention. So, I turn to
you, the members of rec.gardens to help me figure out what I have in my
beds. Some of the stuff looks like it isn't doing to well and I really
need help figuring out what it is and what I should do to save it. I
have uploaded the images (linked below). Each is about 1 MB in size
(if you can help but the size is too big, let me know). I live in
Northeast OH.
I will be checking this thread frequently if more pictures or
information is needed. If you can help identify or advise about any or
all flowers it will be appreciated.
Thank you so much!!!

1. A
href="http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8866/77050073vi.jpg"Budding
plant with interesting leaves/A
2. A
href="http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=77050086yr.jpg"Intersting
leafy plant - no sign of flowers yet/A
3. A
href="http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=77050091ym.jpg"Almost
looks like a cactus/A
4. A href="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/453/77050103qm.jpg"Tall
purple flower/A
5. A
href="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4295/77050110iy.jpg"Leafy
plant - no sign of flowers yet/A
6. A
href="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1503/77050123fg.jpg"Grasslike
clump (cousin It). Needs some sort of scalp treatment as the top most
leaves are dried out./A
7. A
href="http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1108/77050138xo.jpg"Tiny
flowers in a pot/A
8. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7325/77050148sj.jpg"Dying?
bush - only has a few branches with leaves. In full shade/A
9. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6761/77050155wl.jpg"Wilting
flowers (not the stuff behind them). In full shade/A
10. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/3779/77050163af.jpg"Wilting
flower growing out of a Hosta? In full shade/A
11. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/454/77050176qw.jpg"Were these
planted or are they tree sprouts? In full shade/A
12. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/8604/77050180tt.jpg"Dying?
bush - about half the branches have leaves (some with white flowers -
on the left) but the other half is just bare branches sticking upright.
In full shade/A
13. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/65/77050198cl.jpg"Dying? bush
surrounded by weeds?/A
14. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2148/77050207eo.jpg"Flowering
plant with white edged leaves/A
15. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1177/77050212ye.jpg"Some sort
of ivy/myrtle in front of a bright green bush/A
16. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4467/77050220um.jpg"Are these
giant (2-3' tall) weeds?/A
17. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/9919/77050230iw.jpg"Green
small leaves poking through a patch of reeds; do I remove the
reeds?/A
18. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5952/77050245nr.jpg"BONUS -
Fast growing non flowering plant in the water garden./A
19. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/7961/77050253bk.jpg"Yellow
flowers/A
20. A
href="http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2439/77050260va.jpg"Tall
white flowers (on the right) in a patch of something else which has yet
to flower./A
21. A
href="http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/7707/77050271zk.jpg"Some type
of honeysuckle - it is only flowering in a few places - the rest
appears a dry twisted mess - how do I prune it?/A
22. A
href="http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/9626/77050285tp.jpg"White
flowering plant/A
23. A
href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6881/77050295hj.jpg"This is a
plant with interesting leaves and light green flowers that has a vine
growing through it. The vine has white flowers/A
A href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2240/77050304la.jpg"Here
is a closeup of the vine/ADoes the vine belong here?
24. A href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9407/77050318vc.jpg"A
grassy plant with very large roundish buds/A
25. A
href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6564/77050329lx.jpg"Cactus
leafed plant with yellow flowers/AA
href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5779/77050351ui.jpg"In a few
places the plant has flattened around the middle; is that normal?/A
26. A href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/28/77050339xg.jpg"A
type of Hosta? with white flowers/A
27. A
href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3278/77050344en.jpg"Unidentified
single flower/A
28. A
href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3782/77050377yo.jpg"This bush
(on the right) has a lot of branches exposed (but they all have a tuft
of leaves on the end)/A
29. A
href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5979/77050382bx.jpg"Leafy
plant with white flower shoot (on the right)/A
30. A
href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/650/77050393xr.jpg"Craggly
edged leaves with long soft-looking flowers/A
31. A href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/3200/77050403ik.jpg"Is
this a weed?/A
32. A href="http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/209/77050414fy.jpg"A
vine that is growing up the wall/A