Old 08-07-2005, 08:55 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

"Richard Holub" wrote in message
Does anyone know if I can use some of that silt-screen material as an
under-liner? Also...anyone have problems with rodents chewing on the
liner from beneath? Any way to prevent that from happening.

What kind of material is silt-screen?

As far as underlay you don't want anything that will react to the rubber
and damage it chemically-wise. I'm not familiar with silt-screen, why I
mention that.

Carpet is fine, but carpet pad, a synthetic, is better. We used both on the
D.pond. Nice and cushy when you walk on it. ;o)

Rodent control. Depending on the type and how deep they might dig you might
want to line the edges with hardware cloth, then subliner. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a