Old 09-07-2005, 03:13 AM
Warren

Chris Demers wrote:
Please have a look at the attached pictures

Your attached pictures did not show up on many news servers, so many of us
won't see them. Of those who even have a chance of seeing them, many of them
filter-out binaries on their end. Others will simply not open any message
with an attachment. And others who set their newsreaders to download
messages so they can view them off-line will be annoyed that one of them is
a huge binary in a discussion group.

Also, most news servers set aside a certain amount of space for each group.
As newer messages come in, older messages are pushed out. Posting a text
message usually means one text message is pushed out the back end. Posting a
picture may mean that two, three or more days worth of discussion will be
pushed off the back end. If there was only enough room set aside on the
server for a week's worth of discussion, your picture may have pushed off a
significant portion of the discussions, and folks who only check in once a
week will have to go to an archive site like Google to find out what they
missed.

Instead you should have posted to a binary group like
alt.binaries.pictures.gardens, and/or provided us with a link to where we
could find the picture(s).

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Have an outdoor project? Get a Black & Decker power tool::
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blackanddecker/