Old 09-07-2005, 09:26 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Hazel" contains these words:
Sounds like a great idea to me Geoff, but do you have any probs with
slugs
underneath the matting?

I've seen no slug trails and I think a few ripe strawberries lying on the
matting/gravel have been partially eaten by woodlice. I pick any
attacked
strawberries and my springer Monty (Barred from that part of the garden!)
loves them!

Geoff

I have a point to make here about woodlice. I said a long time ago
that they
eat non decaying matter and this group jumped on me and told me they
do not.
I just wanted to say that, bye

I've never seen woodlice eating strawberries - ants, more likely.

But woodlice *WILL* crawl into any handy moist hole...

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/