Old 09-07-2005, 08:08 PM
James Lee Johnson

"Suzie-Q" wrote:
I'm looking for something to plant in the center of my front
yard. I'd like something perennial and flowering; a roundish
sort of shape; full grown around three-four feet high; the
area is full sun most of the day (some shade until about 10 a.m.).

One thing is bothering me. Many of these recommendations, including mine,
are not really specimen plants that one would normally choose as a focal
plant in the center of the front yard. For example, I think it would be
easier to find a red yucca specimen suitable for use as a feature than a
Mexican oregano (my previous suggestion) which is bushy. To some extent,
your other criteria would limit the possibilities. Look at some pictures
and some actual mature plants, even if you are going to start small.

jjhnsn