Old 09-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Diana Kulaga

Bob,

Water, water, sun, sun, food, food! We have lots of Vandas. They grow on the
patio under the pool screen and get sun all day. We actually put in a
watering line for them. They are watered for five to ten minutes, depending
on the season, every morning and in dry weather again around 1 PM. During
their high growing season we feed them heavily 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of a
balanced fertilizer) and a bit less in winter, but regularly year round.
Some of the Vanda family will be quite happy outside in full sun. Those are
the teretes, or "pencil leafed" varieties.

Take Ray's advice, and while you are in Homestead don't forget to visit
Motes Orchids. You need to call them in advance.

Diana