Old 10-07-2005, 12:30 PM
Dwayne

Please check this out, but I was told that the Golden Delicious was one of
the few apple trees that didn't need another apple tree around to pollinate
it. My mom had one for years and it always had a lot of apples, more than
she could get rid of, and no one for blocks around had any fruit trees. Get
on the internet and type in "growing golden delicious apples" and see what
you come up with. I would open the responses you get from colleges.

Dwayne

"Loretta" wrote in message
Hello, we bought a Golden Delicious apple tree yesterday and need to graft
another type of apple onto it to pollinate it, as we only have the one
tree. Is there some particular spot that we would make the graft? And how
big a piece would you suggest the new piece be please?

regards Loretta