Old 10-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Tumbleweed

"Richard" wrote in message

snip

It is difficult to see why anyone would be against the idea or for that
matter adopt an attitude that it isn't up to x, y ........ or zn to think
of a solution but just this group.

Stay well ............ Richard

Here's two...

I steal your phone, look in contact book under ICE, phone up, say you have
been killed.....I do this for fun....maybe its a group of chav 'mates' who
would just borrow your phone and do it for a laugh.

Or, I phone and say you have been killed, ask for your address and can you
come to identify body.....I do this to get your relative to leave house so I
can burgle it.

[Both of these type of events took place after the tsunami if you think I am
being pessimistic]

Given the number of stolen phones (a million a year??), compared to the
small number of times this facility would be used _and_ be useful*, this
could easily and likely cause much more trouble than it would fix.

--
Tumbleweed

* the numbers could be wrong (will people update them?), the people out.

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com